Employee provident fund (EPF) is a fund that can be used when it comes to retirement. Since it is a tax-free fund, employees can be able to earn great interest on the same. However, epf amount is only for the retirement, but if you need it during the process of job, you may also withdraw it. You may transfer your pf balance from one account to another epf account. You can withdraw it. But checking EPFO claim current status is necessary. Are you confused? If yes, then you should keep reading this informative article. Here, you will grab information about how to check EPFO claim status, transfer PF balance and withdraw EPF balance.
How to Check EPF Claim Status
- Kindly open the official website i.e. epfindia.com.
- Now, click on PF claim status
- You may also choose your state or search for your code number.
- Now, choose state and your regional epf office.
- If you don’t have extension code, you may leave the space empty.
- Here, one point should be remembered that you can also choose reign code as your EPF office code.
- Once done, you need to provide your PF account number.
- Now, check all the fields and click on submit option.
- It is the simple step-by-step guideline on how to check EPF claim status.
What Are the EPFO Claim Status Codes and Messages?
- Epf claim status displays payment under certain process.
- You will receive a message like this one – your payment is under process at your bank so that you may withdraw fund within 2-3 working days through NEFT transfer.
- Claim form 19 for your PF settlement has been successfully approved. Your payment is under process.
- You claim form 10c especially for withdrawal benefits has been successfully approved. Payment is under process.
- Your PF claim status rejected.
What Are the Possible Reasons of PF Claim Status Rejection?
- Form 10c could be rejected due to wrong entry. For instance, instead of providing 19.5 years age, you need to write 20.
- Remember 10c form can also be used for withdrawing fund from EPS pension scheme.
EPFO Claim Status FAQs
Question – What is EE and ER amount in PF?
Answer – EE amount simply means employee contribution of PF. It could be 8.3%. ER amount also means contributions to your PF. It could be 3.67%.
Question – What is EPS Pension Scheme?
Answer – Monthly contribution to EPF.
Question – How do I calculate my PF withdrawal amount?
Answer – EE plus ER = epf amount + interest rate total 8.5 percent – pf